Sunday, February 9, 2014

Pre Mish Days

37 days, 6 hours, and 48 min till I leave for Provo?!? CRAZY, CRAZY!!! As I have been preparing to leave there is SO MUCH to be done. When you have over 4 months after your call to get ready your mind has so many thoughts and many changes occur. I thought I'd share a few things that have happened to me in these few months of waiting.
1. I chopped off all my hair! Partly out of boredom, partly out of the need for something new, partly because I have always wanted to donate my hair, but mostly because I was obsessed. I love hair, I love doing hair, I love playing with hair, I love looking at hair, I just... hair. Because of this I was always touching my hair and worrying about how it looked. I hate this about myself and I really didn't want it to be a problem when I was out in Mexico, so I cut it off. I wanted something that was blow dry easy and something that I wouldn't have to worry about so nothing would distract me from the work.
2. One day I will be on spiritual cloud nine and other days I have no motivation to do anything. Some days I feel totally confident and other days I feel totally inadequate. Luckily these swings are totally normal for pre-missionaries and missionaries in the field. That's why having great friends and scriptures to turn to is such a great blessing. They help me to get away from the silly stressors that I know God will take care of, but that Satan tries to blind me with.
3. I was a little bummed that I was going to have to wait awhile before leaving for Mexico, but God's timing is always for a reason and His plans and timing are always better than mine. Because I have been at home a little longer I have had so many missionary opportunities that I didn't realize that I would have. I have been able to go out with the sisters, I have been answering alot of people's questions about what I will be doing for 18 months, and I felt prompted to started this puppy early. I have also been able to experience many other miracles and blessings.
4. I loved thrift stores before, but I have never loved them as much as I do as a future missionary! When you are a missionary you have to dress in a certain manner and that manner is not the way that normal people dress hahaha! It is nearly impossible to find anything appropriate and affordable, but the thrift store ALWAYS has something! I am pretty sure my whole wardrobe is from the thrift store and I couldn't be happier hahaha! Another note, for those who are preparing to go and are having trouble finding things, don't worry too much about it. God always provides and He will help you find what you need. Focus on what is really important, your family, your studies, and He will take care of the rest. :)

Of course there are so many more things I could add to this post, so if you have any questions about my journey please comment and ask away! :) It is very hard at times, but I have never experienced a happiness greater than what I have felt since I started my papers and received my call! The church is true and Jesus lives! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment