Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Muchas lagrimas‏/ Many tears

Week- 29
Area- Serdan
Companion- Hermana Herrera

Hola Familia!
I am doing really well, lots of emotions passed through me this week with many challenges and miracles. 
It is probably no suprise, but I am leaving Serdan! Part of me is very excited to finally have a new area after over 7 months in the mission hahaha but at the same time I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest. 
First, I want to thank dad for the email he wrote me.... It was exactly what I needed... This week Monika, Selenes mom who has had a baptism date for forever because she was waiting for her divorce papers, finally told us that her papers were going to be done this week, but that she wasnt ready to be baptized this month. Gustavo, her other husband who she couldnt marry but is living with, was unfaithful recently so she broke it off with him. Gustavo is an investigator too, his whole family is in the church, he was actually baptized, but the ward lost his records so he has to be baptized again, and so she feels uncomfortable going to church and told us come back in a month.... I have never cried so hard in front of an investigator before, all I could do was bear my testimony and promise her that if she will be baptized she will be blessed with the comfort she is looking for in this difficult time, but she wants to face it all alone.... I was especially sad because Selene, my convert, doesnt want to go to church anymore either because Gustavo, her dad, is there.... When we left the lesson Hna Herrera asked if I was ok, and I just bawled.... I know God has a plan and I pray every day that she will be baptized so that they can go to the temple together, but it was a rough hour, but afterwards we had an awesome lesson with a newer investigator who is absolutely golden, so I felt a little better. It is incredible how much love you develop for people in such a short amount of time.
Elizabeth and Paty and her family (an old investigator who we found this week again and suddenly wants to change her life)  were in the church this week!!!!
After the meeting we were talking to Elizabeth and I told her that I had changes and she began to cry, the sweet thing.... She told me thanks for changing my life and then I started to cry hahaha.  As sad as it is to leave the area, I KNOW I will see these people again because we have the beautiful knowledge of the gospel.
Love you all so much! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with me, It really makes feel so happy when I see that you guys are living the gospel and seeing blessings from it. Always have family home evening, I am seeing HUGE miracles through it with the members and especially less actives. 

Love you!
con amor, hna ibarra

No comments:

Post a Comment