Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Parangaricutimiricuaro‏

Week- 30
Area- Tlaxcala, Xicotencatl
Companion- Hermana Zarate


Querido familia,
I don't know where to start! Well, I had changes and I am no longer in Puebla! I am in Tlaxcala in another pueblito named Xicoténcatl. I am very happy to be in another pueblo and not quite in the city. Tlaxcala is gorgeous, it reminds me a bit of Oregon, there are a lot of trees and rain (don't worry, I got my boots ;) ) It isn't nearly as poor as Serdan, the houses are gorgeous and the members are awesome! Even better, the investigators are GOLDEN! We had a baptism this week and we have 8 more with dates and the majority of them are attending church! i'm very excited to work in this area, but i know I will be faced with new challenges.
My new companions name is Hna Zarate, she too is from Monterrey. She has 15 months in the misión so we think we will be companions until she heads out. She is much more serious than my other companions (but then again hna lopez and hna herrera were nuts hahaha) and I am having to be very humble because I feel like I am starting over again in some ways. Also, the president put me as senior companion, but I told her right away that that wasn't important to me, i just wanted to work and she was pretty happy with that, this is the first time in her whole misión she hasn't been senior. I wont lie, the first few days were a Little hard, but now we are teaching in better synch and laughing and talking :)
I love how the savior and his gospel makes it possible to love and work with anyone. hna zarate is an incredible teacher. she has faced many challenges and experienced many sorrows in her life, so I
I hope I can help her have an incredible last 3 months.
No, I haven't eaten the cheesecake yet.
So the Word in the title is a tongue twister i learned here this week. My Spanish is pretty much solid, but I still sound like an american.... I tried to work with hna lopez and hna herrera with my accent, but they weren't very interested in helping me, but hna zarate was actually a teacher for children who were learning Spanish and bettering their accent, so she has been helping me a BUNCH!
love you all so much!
con amor, hna ibarra

Elder Gallegos, Marissa and Hermana Lopez
Marissa's District Leader and her trainer all back in the same area.

Hermana Zarate and Marissa at Edwardo's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment