Monday, December 15, 2014

Changes



Week- 32
Area- Tlaxcala, Xicotencatl
Companion- Hermana Zarate

HOLA FAMILIA! I hope all is o.k. with Sarah, I was thinking a lot about the surgery and hoping that all would turn out alright and that she wouldn't end up with the same complications I had. On Thursday it felt like someone punched me in the face, but whatever, i feel like this is something i will probably have to deal with for the rest of my life, but if it is in the lords will it is o.k. :)
No, I dont have changes and I am really happy. Hna Zarate and I are getting along really well and though we don't have a lot of investigators and we are slowly loosing the few we have we have lots of ideas for this next cambio. Also this week we will be having lots of reunions, 2 with area seventies! I am really excited for them to "plancharme" so i can be a better missionary jajaja
This week was super fast, like always. one of our great investigators is Jennifer Lopez (I know right, we are just that cool jajaja) she lives with her "husband" (not married) who is a less active member his mother (less active) and his brother who is a recently returned missionary. My first couple weeks her we had great lessons with her and he had a baptism date scheduled for this month, but then she went on vacation and then began working so we didn't have communication with her or the family for like 4 weeks but we finally found her yesterday! the mother and return missionary were in church and said we could eat with them afterwards. note: hna zarate was hoping and praying that Jennifer would be eating with us because she doesnt really like the mom... at all. haha. whenever we pass by her in different place she gives my companion strange looks but then just loves to talk to me so my goal was to try to make everyone as comfortable as possible haha. as we were eating with just her i felt impressed to ask her if she would like to do a musical number with me for christmas because her family has the voice of angels and shesaid yes! i pulled out my violin because she asked if i knew a hymn she really liked and we ended up singing and playing together.  We played Oh Mi Padre (oh my father) and it was the most beautiful thing i have ever heard. My companion was in tears afterwards and the spirit was so strong. Then the mom invited us to do christmas decorations with her! us and the whole family began to do decorations and she has invited us to come back the next sunday to help them with their tree! The spirit and music have crazy ways of changing hearts and refinding our investigators. 
I read a scripture the other day that really touched me and summarized this whole cambio that i would love to share with you. you all know the story, when nephi breaks his bow and everyone begins to murmur, including lehi. First amazing thing that happens is that nephi doesnt permit the negative feelings of others to affect his attitude and spirit and he decides to come up with a solution. he works with what he has and he make a new bow. the next part is what strikes me the hardest. after he made the bow he goes to his murmuring father to ask where he should go to find the food. Nephi showed incredible humility through this action, i know if it were me six weeks ago i would have thought i would follow my own judgement on what to do because everyone else is murmuring and probably doesnt have the spirit. nephi recognized that his father had more knowledge than him even in his weakened state and he knew his father could help him so even though in this instance he probably could have recieved revelation from god himself he choose to be humble and ask his father, which lead his father to repentance and feeling important and remembering who he was. 
love you all so much! the elders told me that they do have a package for me so i should be recieving it soon. hope you all have a great thanksgiving! eat lots of turkey for me please!
con amor hna ibarra
I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR A LOVING FAMILY WHO WORKS SO HARD TO KEEP ME OUT HERE ON THE MISSION. BECAUSE OF YOU I AM ABLE TO EXPERIENCE A MIGHTY CHANGE IN MY HEART AND ALSO SEE OTHERS CHANGE. I LOVE YO U ALL SO MUCH, YOU ARE GREAT EXAMPLES TO ME, YOU ARE SMART, KIND, AND IMPORTANT AND MOST SPECIAL OF ALL YOU ARE CHILDREN OF A LOVING HEAVENLY FATHER

No comments:

Post a Comment