Monday, December 15, 2014

Wah wah wah‏

Week- 34
Area- Tlaxcala, Xicotencatl
Companion- Hermana Zarate

HOLA querido familia!
I hope you had a great week and that Jacob had a super special day!
Well, this week we had the baptism for the Guevara family and we finished up all the confirmations for them and the Hernandez Lopez family. I am so happy to see the gospel not only bless individuals, but also families. We are very happy that the craziness with all the baptisms is finally dying down, but we have to work extra hard now because we baptized all our investigators, so now we dont have any hahahahaha but I guess that is a good problem to have :)

So some of our golden contacts for the last week turned out not to be so golden, but we recieved a bunch of references this week that we hope will be good. We contacted two of them and they are AMAZING! The one I want to tell you about is Dante. He is 16 years old and he started having lessons with the missionaries almost 2 years ago. He loved the church, but his parents wouldnt give him permision to attend, so he stopped taking the lessons. When the youth had their halloween party he showed up and talked with the elders telling them that he wanted to meet with them again, so we took him in and he told us right off the bat that he has permission from his family to attend now and that he wants to be baptized. He already knows about the first 3 lessons and he was asking us for a strength of youth pamphlet. We couldnt not believe it, we were almost speachless, its a good thing that the spirit does the talking and not us hahahaha. The Lord is seriously preparing people and they are literally walking up to us. 

We didn't have an opportunity to teach too many lessons or contact all of our references this week because of all the baptism craziness and because I was sick... I got another stomach infection and I was throwing up, my stomach felt like a rock, not fun, but I feel much better now :) 

This week was a very humbling experience for me once again. I always thought of myself as someone who was loving and patient with everyone, but Satan this week was really trying to put negative feelings in my heart and mind about my companion and it was difficult to change my heart with the pride that was trying to fill it. I am so glad my Heavenly Father knows me because this week as I was struggling with this, my companion was asked to speak on humility for a relief society class and I was asked to speak on loving one another. As I prayerfully studied and listened to my companion I felt my heart and mind begin to change. I also felt a much stronger spirit at the end of the week when we were teaching. I have an even stronger testimony now of the power of humility and love. I just want to testify that we need to amplify the good characteristics of others and not worry about the little things. I am realizing with this cambio that I have alot of pride that I need to get rid off, it hurts at times, but I know that Heavenly Father is helping me get rid of it through those hard challenges.

I am so happy to hear that in your conference they talked about the work, you have NO IDEA how much the members help! We had an activity the other day and is was sooooo comforting to see all of our recent converts there, talking with members and feeling comfortable. it is our job to bring them to church, but the job of the members to keep them there. It is so sad when we lose investigators or recent converts when the missionaries leave. Hna Herrera told me that Elizabeth has stopped going to church because she misses me, please keep her in your prayers and the members of the Serdan Ward. 

love you all so much!
con amor, Hna Ibarra


No comments:

Post a Comment