Monday, December 15, 2014

Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you

Week- 33
Area- Tlaxcala, Xicotencatl
Companion- Hermana Zarate


Soooooo many miracles happened this week, I wish I had time to tell you all of them, but I will try my best :)

OK, before I tell you about the miracles, I want to tell you a funny story. We were walking to an appointment the other day and I don't normally look at the ground right in front of me, but for some reason I did and there was a HUGE iguana! He looked just like Todd, but like 3 or 4 times bigger. We began to search for the owner until about 15 people were out in the Street looking at this Iguana hahaha someone brought out a leash and put it on him and we eventually found a house that had a cage outside the door, but no animal, and so we knocked and a Little boy answered at the window and we asked if it was theirs and the look on the moms face was priceless, like "MY IGUANA!!!" hahaha so the iguana was returned to its rightful owner and we were on our way. The scriptures testify of truth when they say we will save EVERY creature hahaha

Ok,
This week we had 4 baptisms and we have 3 for the next week, and we have 2 new investigators with baptism dates. The people here are so prepared to hear the message and my companion and I are so much more in synch. One of the baptisms we had this week was a teen named Luis Angel. He is 14 years old and when I arrived to the area my companion told me that his mom really wanted nothing to do with us, so when this week came and we knew that she had to sign the baptismal records we prayed so hard that her heart would be softened. We received a text message from him late one night before his interview saying that his mom had signed the form and wanted to meet with us. Again, we prayed all day and practiced what we would say to her, preparing for the worst, but when we met with her she was so kind and supportive of her son and his decision and just wanted to talk with us to see how the misión Works and we taught her a summary of all the lessons in one hour haha so she would know exactly everything we taught her son. The day of the baptism, she was there too and we went to their house afterwards and she was so receptive to us. The next day Luis Angel bore his testimony and it was one of the most beautiful testimonies i have ever Heard. In all the lessons we had with him he always had some sort of doubt and in his testimony he said that before he had some doubts but the second he entered the wáter and was baptized he said all the doubts were washed away and that he KNEW the góspel was true and that he knew his mom and sister would join him in the church one day. It is amazing how in literally just a few days the hearts of many can be changed.
We also had the baptism of the Hernández Lopez family. They were late to their own baptism and we were FREAKING OUT, but they showed up and they said that there were no combis and no taxis and they knew that Satan was trying his hardest to make sure they wouldn't be baptized, but they made it. The baptism was so sweet, everyone was in tears.
YES, I GOT A VIOLIN! For Luis Angels baptism I played If the Savior stood beside me with a brother in the Ward and an investigator (cello and bass) it was AWESOME and for the other baptism I played Mas Cerca Dios de Ti
No, I haven't received my Halloween package, on Halloween day we had some kids trying to knock at our door, but we didn't have any Candy hahaha oops.  bad missionaries :)
I hope all is well and that you are doing your family home evenings, family prayers everyday and your scripture studies. I don't want to hear that my investigators are doing more than you guys, eh hahaha
My área and Ward is called Xicoténcatl, the city is Apizaco if you want to look it up on google
con amor, hna ibarra


No comments:

Post a Comment